ARTICLE AD BOX
Real Madrid head coach Alvaro Arbeloa has confirmed that he will leave the club at the end of the season, with Jose Mourinho set to be named as his replacement.
The 43-year-old was promoted from his role leading Real Madrid B in January, replacing former Liverpool team-mate Xabi Alonso, and will now depart the club after a trophyless season.
Mourinho, who has been in charge of Benfica this season, is in final negotiations to take charge at Real, having previously been their manager from 2010 to 2013.
Speaking in a news conference prior to Real's final match of the season, at home to Athletic Bilbao on Saturday, Arbeloa said he would be departing rather than joining Mourinho's staff.
"Mou has a fantastic technical team, he's got good people around him, if he comes to Madrid he will come with his team," said Arbeloa.
"There's no chance that I would be with him. Then, my future... from Monday I'll think about that."

1 hour ago
10








English (US) ·